Friday 18 November 2016

Chinese activies


Lil Joy speaks mainly English to us, including her grandparents who does not understand much English. It is a concern to us, cause we are Chinese and we need to be able to appreciate this beautiful language and speak Mandarin.

Her school is English based, most of her classmates speaks English and I had to rack my brains to make the Chinese works. I signed her up for a Mandarin speech and drama class earlier this month. I reckon that a Chinese speaking activity will suffice instead of a serious sit down Chinese tuition class.

I am glad that she is starting to reply me in Mandarin sometimes and show no aversion to Chinese.

It occurred to me that I have not been introducing new words to her for a long time. I have also noticed that 80% of the (very few) characters which I have introduced to her earlier this year is retained in her memory when we are reading. I need buck up and squeeze in activities to download information now.

So I took out my Book 3 of 我会读 and started introducing her new words again. It is too dry to just flash the cards and so we did a bit of run around the house sticking the words onto the household items.






It is interesting to notice that Lil Joy does not know the Chinese names for some of the items..  But she has a great time running around the house pasting the cards and collecting them back.


No comments:

Post a Comment