Thursday 6 June 2013

Daily cooking

After close to 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding except for the occasional bottles of milk during the first few days of little Joy's life, I was excited about the weaning stage. Looking forward to meals to replace the breast suckling sessions.

Similar to the breastfeeding journey, i am ignorant of what lies before me. Being so used to latching my girl fully, all those 'planning ahead' system, bottles sterlisation activities and time watching habits have been thrown out of my brain. Yes, i am a very lazy mom, taking full advantage of nature's convenience. Baby hungry = feed. No time watch, no time table and no plans at all, I just monitor my Joy's reactions.

This is all bad for weaning because I soon realise that I have to plan at least a week ahead to get the fresh ingredients from the market. I have to strategically time the meal times so that Joy is not too full nor hungry to avoid an uninterested or fussy baby. Of course, I did the 4 day allergy test for each food. 

All these means, I have to kick myself to cook everyday. So we are having sweet potato with spinach today. 

P/s: Of course, I find a way for my laziness to find good food for my baby. Share with you next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment