Friday 11 July 2014

Why I choose to be a Work at Home Mom?

When i quit my job 3 years and decided to start my own freelancing business, there are people with mixed responses. Some are supportive, some are skeptical and some are complete wet blankets thrower or they prefer to see themselves as the more practical sect.

The initial start up was tough and slow, I would need to survive on air if not for my hubby's support. We have made this decision with the hope that things will work out and I will be able to stay at home to look after our kids in future. It was depressing that as time pass.. Business is still slow and there is no baby in near sight..

Supportive people became fewer but I am real fortunate to have people who are really supportive and had guided me towards the right direction. Skeptical people starts to think that they are right that things won't work out and wet blankets thrower are gloating with the 'see.. I told you that it would not work out.'.

Just when I am left with no hope and having lots of people commenting that I should look for a full time job instead of bumming around at home, my hub asked me to perserve on for another half year. Things took a turn and business started picking up. When i was getting busy, I had the good news that we are expecting. Unfortunately my pregnancy was not a smooth one and I had a very hard time trying to keep up with the workload. Alot of times, I wished I am an employee so I can take proper medical leave from work instead to struggling to work on my bed.

When our little bundle arrives I am glad that I have endured the challenges in return for the flexibility to be at home most of the time to be the primary caregiver of my little girl. Yes, it's harder when you have to take care of your baby in the day and work at night and I have chosen to be the the 24hr standby milk supplier for my little precious. Lots of times, I wonder if it's worth it. Lots of time, I lament over the fact that I do not have the 9 to 10 hrs of time slot to be myself if I have taken the normal career path. Sometimes, my husband and I wonder if we would be having a car or considering a private property if I had taken a full time job. Of course we will be richer financially but I will never be as rich as I am now, not in dollars and cents but in life.

Even more times I am thankful that things are able to work out and I am able to to be at home. I have given up some things but had gotten something else which meant much more to me instead.

I love to hug my girl every moment. I love to watch her smile and laugh. I love to be with her when she do her first. I love to be the one to comfort her when she needs it. I love it when she burst into laughter whenever she sees me coming into the room. Most importantly, I have the peace of mind that the most suitable person on this earth is doing the job of looking after her. I might not be the best mom in the world but I believe there is no one else in this world who would care for her as much as this.

Why do I choose to be a Work at Home Mom? Because I believe that my wealth is to be with my girl during her growing up years. Money can wait and I can have lesser of them but I will never be able to have my girl's childhood back in the future.

I am really thankful to Our Lord for the blessings and the supportive people around me.


2 comments:

  1. well written babe, you are doing an amazing job (when I see Joie)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the nice comments :D makes my day..

      Delete