Tuesday 21 February 2017

Chicken Soup with Instant Pot

We still have leftover curry from yesterday but I do not like the idea of feeding so much of it to my kids. So the menu for today is chicken soup.

I am using the stock that I have made previously, saute the meat on the wok to achieve the crispy brown skin. Instant pot should be able to achieve the same result but I might need to do it in batches which is a no-no for me because time is precious.

I saute the veggies in the instant pot at the same time and then marry all the ingredients together. There is no need for recipe, you just add whatever ingredients you like and add 1 tablespoon of salt and then season to taste when the soup is done. 

I set the cooking time to 35 mins, it took longer to pressure up because I am using frozen soup. Then I went off to do a quick workout from youtube.


Meanwhile, I start stir frying my cabbage and mushroom and here it is. If you notice, I try to minimise processed food and cut down on meat for the family.


This settle the lunch and dinner for the day, not forgetting the Kimchi in the fridge which turn out to be quite nice. Hubby mentioned that it will be nicer if the Kimchi has been fermented longer but I was not ambitious enough to ferment it too long in room temperature for the fear that it might turn too sour.

Oh and I added the Japanese curry from yesterday. It is always comforting to know that there are food at home.




No comments:

Post a Comment