Friday 24 February 2017

Starting montessori activities

I have shared this set of montessori materials with my friend when lil Joy was around 3 years old. I must say, i have not been super diligent in working the activities with her but I follow the main spirit of  respecting the child and follow their cues to learn. Thankfully, she ended up in a school which does montessori work so she is in better hands now.

Somehow, Jr J seemed to so more interests in the handling of things and so I started him with the knobs the other day. I don't think it is the right way to present this activity since it is meant for 3 years old kids but I don't see the harm of letting him try it since it trains his concentration to sit down and figure things out.

Boy, he is real charming when he is concentrating.



I have been doing light crocheting every night now and to keep lil Joy at the bay, I throw her a ball of yarn n let her do whatever she wants with it.. so a lot of snipping has been going on.


And wrapping too.


No comments:

Post a Comment