Monday 20 February 2017

Japanese Curry using Instant Pot

I hate to start my blog posts with.. it has been a long time since I last blogged. But it is the truth, I had been more active in Dayre for the past 1 year because it is easier to post on the phone directly.

Since November, I have been trying to track my work time, past 1 week I decided to include all the activities that I have spent for myself and for my family. I have been actively trying to find ways to be more productive. Tracking makes me aware of the limitation of resources and instead of flaunting  my time away, I try to make sure I spend it on things that are really worth it. 

I am still not a productive person but is in the process of striving to be at least 80% productive most of the time. Hopefully, by the end of this year, I can be on the top of things instead of under them.

One of my daily challenge is to put food on the table, Food that are appealing to my 2 kids and still nutritious enough that I would not feel guilty about feeding them.

Japanese Curry Using Instant Pot



So here are the ingredients with soup stock made last week and ingredients cut by my helper.

To minimise monitoring, I use instant pot but I still saute my meat using the wok on fire to get a more flavourful taste from the meat.

At the same time, I will saute the veggies in the instant pot. My way of multi tasking in the kitchen.

Marrying everything in the pot and putting the curry cube on top all within 10 mins.

Finally, setting the Instant pot to 12 mins on the soup function. After natural releasing the pressure, I open the lid, mix the curry for a little n let it simmer for another 5 minutes under saute mode. 

My curry was a little too watery today, will take note to use lesser liquid the next round.

Tadah.. and here is the final product which is yummy. Pardon the little serving, cause it is also one of my goal to lose some weight this year.


Someone is enjoying his meal a lot. He is starting to make his stand that he wants to self feed. Despite the mess, I still let him on his road to his little independence.


No comments:

Post a Comment