Monday 8 September 2014

Lantern Festival

My favourite chinese festival which is filled with childhood memories of good fun, great cousins and friends and lots of burnings. 

Last year, we got an inflated lantern for lil Joy who is only interested in chewing on it. This is the first year that I thought she might have more purposeful lantern carrying and so mommy prepares...

I refuse to buy the sticks for the lanterns and so made some from the old magazines. 


And the most important thing for late night walk, mosquitoes patch.


A few cute traditional lanterns.

And LED candles for very young children.



When we reached the playground, the reality is.. the lantern got chucked on the floor.

Lil Joy ran off with glee..


Yes, she spent the next hour running up and down the playground with our neighbour's kid. I suppose she is still not that ready to celebrate the festival with me yet.

2 comments:

  1. wow, the last time I played with lanterns was really as a kid. used to melt candles into pots of cold water and make shapes.. fun times!

    next year Joie will be a better companion for this I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tat is an interesting way to play the candles.. we made mini bonfires when I was a kid.. slightly more dangerous.. hahaha

      Delete