Monday 5 January 2015

Emotions at 2 years old

It has never been very obvious to me that a child's emotions start to develop. They do not cry just because they want milk, hugs or they are tired or in pain anymore but starts to feel sadness, happiness, jealousy and many more.

There was this incident which happens when I am watching a television program with lil Joy. It is a reality show about the life of a family with quintuplets. Lil Joy enjoyed the show a lot because there were a lot of toddlers running around.

When the show ended, Lil Joy turned to look at me very sadly and repeated 'baby' multiple times. Soon she started to tear up and cried badly. It dawned onto me that she is very sad that she could not see the toddlers on the television anymore.

The only thing I can do is to cuddle her and explain to her that the show has ended.

It is funny to have a 2 year toddler, with the capacity to feel and armed with new emotions. I feel like I am walking into another new and unfamiliar terrain of motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment