Wednesday 13 August 2014

A not-so-bright morning with a Sunny Outlook

It is not a bright sunny happy morning.. it's a cloudy morning and I am woken up by my girl forcefully. I did not get a good sleep the night before as lil Joy had a slight cold and she could not sleep well with her blocked nose and ended up crying a lot in the middle of the night.

Anyway, I woke up and started my day.. cloudy day always make my heart sink a bit. The thoughts of not having happy sunlight throughout the day and clothes will take ages to dry dreads my heart. While I continue to reorganise the toys of lil Joy because it has hit my limits of seeing toys piling up on her desk.

After gulping down my morning coffee.. I happily retreat into my office and is still contemplating if I should start my work, blog or laminate the new flashcards that I have gotten for lil Joy. It did not take long for me to glance at the clock to see how much time I have before lunch time and realised that I am out of ingredients and I MUST go marketing NOW.

Suddenly all the thoughts in my mind has to give way to meal planning IMMEDIATELY because the sky is threatening to rain any minute. It is really not fun to bring a toddler out in the rain. 

All these happened within the first waking hour of my day and it makes me a very unhappy person. I cannot understand why there are so many things that need my immediate attention. I start to think if there are anyone else who is in the same boat as me. 

After my marketing, on the way back in the drizzling rain, I met a friend who is back from her marketing too. She was cheery to see me and my girl, we continued our way home separately after a quick chitchat. 

My thoughts starts to brighten up after seeing my friend. She was like the sun on this gloomy day because she is doing the same thing as me for a even longer period of time. She works from home, nurture her kids, cook for the family and do all the marketing and most importantly, live her life happily. She once told me, do not fret when your family needs your attention, it's a blessing to be wanted by your family.

I am so thankful to have met her on this cloudy morning because she had turned it into a sunny day for me. 

Today has been a good reminder for me to manage my thoughts more positively so that I can live my live fuller and have a more positive impact on others. I should also spend more time on planning my time better and have more discipline to avoid this kinda of last minute marketing incident from happening again.



No comments:

Post a Comment