Saturday 16 August 2014

Maped Kidi Cut Scissors review

Lil Joy is coming to the age of using scissors to cut papers up. As a first time mom, I have great concerns about her safety even if I am going to supervise all paper cutting activities personally.

It was a pleasant surprise to me when i came across Maped Kidi Cut Scissors while searching for children scissors. It uses plastics instead of metal for its blades.

Here is the scissors in its original packaging.



In case you are wondering, I got it at Popular bookshop in Singapore at the price of $1.95.

Here is the front of the scissors.




Here is another close up of the scissors when it's opened. I love the little rabbit's paw prints on the blade.

For the sake of safety, I tried cutting my finger with it. I am happy to see no harm was done onto my fingers which means, I do not need to worry about lil joy getting her fingers cut.

Next, I tried cutting straight cuts on the paper and is amazed that it made such a clean cut on the paper.

And then i tried cutting a circle and heart which was successful but did not yield amazing results. I get torn off effect at curved edges of the cuts. I conclude that a 21 month child most probably would not fault it.




My thoughts on Mapped Kidi Cut Scissors

It seems like a great First scissors for young kids when safety is a big concern. I suppose as long as it cuts thru the paper and gives the little ones a kick start to their paper cutting skills it is doing the job well. It comes in cute designs and I see light green and purple on the shelves for selection.

For first impression review, I think it is a pair of great scissors for very young children and the price is very reasonable.

I have yet to let lil Joy tried these scissors but will share with you soon on the activities that we are going to do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment