Tuesday 26 August 2014

Water color painting

I try to do water color paintings with lil Joy as often as possible. I have tired it on the easel but soon realised that the area to be covered seemed to be too big and tall for her at the moment so we are back to painting on the table.

So it's a single color painting session while I teach her how to say red. I mix the paint in an old milk bottle cap and lil Joy happily starts to paint.



It is always fun to see her looking so concentrated on whatever she is doing.

It did not take her long to discover that markings can be made using the back of the paintbrush.

Most parents cringed at the thoughts of cleaning up after every painting session. I try to extend the painting activity buy including the cleaning. Thankfully, lil Joy enjoys wiping out the marks on the table.

And it amused me even more when she runs to the play kitchen to wash the wet towel at the sink. It seems like she is starting to do imaginary play.

So while lil joy paints, I thought I might as well give watercoloring a try. This is my first attempt. I wished I could do better but the difficulty of painting has been levelled up when u have a little toddler doing the activity with you.

Here is my little red ridding hood.


2 comments:

  1. I would want to try soon. And did I tell you I LOVE her hair?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do try water coloring.. it is fun to see L to 'make' an art piece. Hahha.. yes.. you told me about her hair and I am loving her hair too..

      Delete