Sunday 24 August 2014

Baby's basic puzzle review 童悦坊图形拼图

I wanted to get more puzzles for lil joy and after the experience with My Learning card series, I decided to try out the baby puzzles by the same company which is sold at $12.90. It is mainly in Chinese because this is produced in Taiwan.

Here is the front of the packaging.


The back of the packaging.


And to be honest, I was disappointed that the cardboard were not thicker. They have mentioned that it is for 0 - 3 years old. If the cards had been this thin, they would have been destroyed before the end of the days or maybe this only happens in my home. I feel the manufacturer had attempted to make the false impression to parents that the said 24 cards are thicker than it actually is. Just look at the height of the box, it is almost twice the thickness of all the cards.

I was able to open the box at bookshop and get a glimpse of the first card on the stack which is nicely shrink wrapped to the box. The manufacturer had put cardboard at the bottom of the box to raise the cards to the rim giving you the impression that the whole box is filled up. It is like eating Pringles in the olden days when you reach to the end to realise that they have risen the chips with this plastic packaging, giving you the false impression that you had more.

Other than that, the printing are bright and clear. they look fun and the shapes of the puzzles are varied which makes it an interesting play.



My Thoughts on the baby puzzle

I still find the puzzles relatively interesting for lil Joy. I let her play with 2 puzzles at a time for the moment and has to closely supervise her play with them because they are relatively flimsy for her rough handling. I would not have recommended these puzzles for older kids because they are too simple for kids above 3 years and again I am perplexed on why the manufacturer would think that it is a good idea to print these on such thin cardboards for small children.

A mental note for me to double check the thickness of the puzzles in the future before purchasing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment